Despite a few subpar launches this year, including the LG 32MP60G-B, the LG maker still makes several excellent models. Notably, LG’s new models for 2021—including the LG 24QP500-B, one of the company’s most successful launches to date—have surpassed expectations.
The LG 31.5-inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor, which isn’t really new but is nonetheless rather popular right now, is the subject of our review today. Without further ado, let’s examine the LG 31.5-inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor review, including its advantages and disadvantages, to see whether it is still a good choice.
LG 31.5-Inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor Design
I was instantly reminded of the LG 27UL650-W by this monitor’s three-color finish and half-circular stand.
The monitor’s size, which is a 32-inch display with measurements of 28.7 x 9.1 x 23.7 inches, is the first factor. The second major distinction is the absence of borderless bezels, which is probably related to the monitor’s release year, which was around early 2019.
However, in my opinion, a panel’s absence of borderless bezels puts it in the category of outdated designs and lessens the overall aesthetics of the display. However, whether or not you care about it ultimately depends on you.
Aside from that, it’s important to mention that this monitor is rather thin for its size. On the back, you can see the VESA support, which enables you to mount this monitor on a wall, and the light gray finished stand with support for height and tilt adjustment.
Additionally, this display has two 5W speakers that produce excellent mid- and high-range sound quality.
Continuing on the rear, this monitor has 2x HDMI, 1x USB-C, 1x Headphone Out, 1x Display Port, and 2x USB 3.0 ports. Aside from that, this display supports AMD RADEON FreeSync® technology, which is an advantage for individuals who wish to use this monitor for gaming.
Finally, the genuine brightness and magnificence of the LG 31.5-inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor may be discovered in its features. To begin with, we have the VA panel, which is the middle and most balanced of the three (TN, VA, IPS).
Although it lacks the color accuracy of an IPS panel, it does have advantages such as enhanced contrast. This panel’s overall contrast is 3000:1, which is significantly greater than the 1000:1 typical for IPS panels.
LG 31.5-Inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor Image Quality
The LG 31.5-inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor provides deep and vivid blacks for an immersive viewing experience, even in gloomy surroundings, thanks to its VA (Vertical Alignment) panel with a high 3,000:1 static contrast ratio.
In fact, in comparison to IPS and TN panel displays, which typically have a contrast ratio of 1,000:1, the blacks are grey!
Furthermore, the monitor boasts a broad color gamut of 95% DCI-P3 (equal to 125% sRGB), resulting in bright and lifelike colors. Colors may seem somewhat oversaturated for standard sRGB content as a result of this, however, you may limit the color output to 100% sRGB using the Rec709 picture mode if you want more realistic colors.
Of course, IPS panel monitors offer higher color accuracy since their colors are more constant throughout the screen, but the LG 31.5-inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor display will suffice for basic content production.
In fact, when compared to IPS models, its greater contrast ratio, wide color gamut, and lack of IPS glow make watching movies and videos more pleasurable.
Other panel characteristics include 10-bit color depth support for 1.07 billion colors, a respectable 300-nit peak brightness (more than enough under moderate lighting circumstances), and 178° viewing angles.
There are also tiny contrast shifts when viewing the screen from skewed angles, although these are only evident at extreme angles.
Even on 32-inch panels, 4K resolution gives sharp details and text, as well as lots of screen space.
You can use no scaling at all for maximal screen real estate, or use 125% – 150% scaling for larger and clearer details but less screen area.
It should be noted that 4K UHD is quite demanding on GPUs, so if you intend to do some PC gaming, be sure your graphics card can handle it. Instead, you might want to consider acquiring a 1440p 144Hz gaming monitor.
Finally, HDR is supported by the LG 31.5-inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor (High Dynamic Range). Despite having just entry-level HDR capability and no VESA certification, it provides an acceptable HDR image quality because to its wide color gamut and strong contrast ratio.
Naturally, the HDR picture isn’t as brilliant as that of real HDR displays or DisplayHDR 600 monitors, which offer a significantly higher 600-nit peak brightness and local dimming, but it’s still extremely nice, especially given the monitor’s low price.
LG 31.5-Inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor Power Specifications
|Less than 0.3W
|Power Save/Sleep Mode (Max.):
|Less than 0.5W
|Power Consumption (Max.)
LG 31.5-Inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor DIMENSIONS/WEIGHTS
|With Stand (WxHxD)
|28.7″ x 23.7″ x 9.1″ (Up)/28.7″ x 19.4″ x 9.1″ (Down)
|Without Stand (WxHxD)
|28.7″ x 16.7″ x 1.96″
|Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD)
|32.5″ x 19.96″ x 8.9″
|With Stand Weight
|Without Stand Weight
LG 31.5-Inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor Conclusion
The LG 31.5-inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor is one of the most reasonably priced high-end professional monitors available today. Its characteristics, in conjunction with the HDR 600, make it an ideal choice for media professionals.
The LG 31.5-inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor is the ideal monitor for gaming, viewing movies/videos, office and everyday use, and even non-color-critical content production due to its low price, large screen, 4K resolution, strong contrast ratio, and wide color gamut.
However, depending on your demands, this monitor leaks a fair number of gaming features, which may be a disadvantage for some. So, if you’re looking for a gaming monitor with outstanding image quality features, I recommend the HP X27I, which includes fantastic gaming capabilities for competitive gaming as well as good image quality features, making it a totally balanced pick.
- Large 31.5-Inch Display: The LG 32UL750-W boasts a spacious 31.5-inch screen, providing ample real estate for multitasking, content creation, and immersive multimedia experiences.
- 4K UHD Resolution: With a 4K Ultra HD resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, this monitor delivers stunningly sharp and detailed visuals, perfect for viewing high-resolution content, editing photos and videos, and gaming.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Support: HDR support enhances the monitor’s contrast ratio and color accuracy, resulting in vibrant and lifelike images with improved brightness and deeper blacks, ideal for HDR-compatible content.
- Wide Color Gamut: The monitor covers a wide color gamut, including sRGB and AdobeRGB color spaces, ensuring accurate color reproduction for professional-grade content creation and multimedia consumption.
- IPS Panel Technology: IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel technology provides excellent color accuracy, wide viewing angles, and minimal color distortion, ensuring consistent image quality regardless of viewing angle.
- Smooth Gaming Experience: With a fast response time and high refresh rate, the LG 32UL750-W offers a smooth and responsive gaming experience, minimizing motion blur and ghosting for fluid gameplay.
- AMD FreeSync Technology: AMD FreeSync technology reduces screen tearing and stuttering during gaming by synchronizing the monitor’s refresh rate with compatible AMD graphics cards, ensuring a tear-free and immersive gaming experience.
- Multiple Connectivity Options: The monitor features multiple connectivity options, including DisplayPort, HDMI, USB-C, and USB hub ports, providing versatility for connecting various devices such as gaming consoles, laptops, and peripherals.
- Adjustable Stand: The monitor comes with an adjustable stand that offers tilt, swivel, and height adjustment options, allowing users to customize their viewing experience for optimal comfort and ergonomics.
- Sleek Design: With slim bezels and a sleek design, the LG 32UL750-W adds a touch of elegance to any workspace or gaming setup, complementing modern aesthetics.
- Limited Refresh Rate: While suitable for most gaming and multimedia tasks, the monitor’s refresh rate may be lower compared to dedicated gaming monitors, potentially limiting its appeal for competitive gamers seeking higher refresh rates for smoother gameplay.
- No Built-in Speakers: The monitor lacks built-in speakers, requiring users to rely on external speakers or headphones for audio output, which may be an inconvenience for users who prefer integrated audio solutions.
- High Price Point: The LG 32UL750-W’s premium features and large display size come at a relatively high price point compared to other 4K monitors in its class, potentially making it less accessible for budget-conscious consumers.
- Limited Ergonomic Adjustability: While the monitor’s stand offers some adjustability options, such as tilt, swivel, and height adjustment, it may lack the full range of ergonomic adjustments found in more advanced monitor stands, limiting customization options for some users.
- Potential Backlight Bleeding: Some users may experience backlight bleeding, especially in dark scenes or when viewing content with high contrast, detracting from the overall viewing experience and image quality.
- Limited HDR Performance: While the monitor supports HDR content, its HDR performance may not match that of high-end HDR displays, with limited peak brightness and contrast levels, resulting in less impactful HDR visuals.
- USB-C Power Delivery Limitations: The USB-C port may have limitations in terms of power delivery, which may not fully support charging high-power devices such as laptops or gaming consoles, limiting its utility as a charging hub for compatible devices.
- No Height Adjustment: Despite offering tilt, swivel, and pivot adjustments, the monitor’s stand lacks height adjustment capabilities, which may limit its suitability for users who require precise height positioning for ergonomic comfort.
- Potential Compatibility Issues: Some users may encounter compatibility issues with certain devices or operating systems when using the monitor’s connectivity options, such as USB-C or DisplayPort, requiring additional troubleshooting or driver updates.
- Limited Warranty Coverage: The monitor may come with limited warranty coverage, which may not fully protect against potential defects or malfunctions, necessitating additional investment in extended warranty protection for peace of mind.
LG 31.5-Inch 4K UHD LED 32UL750-W Monitor